Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hobie Update

You can find Hobie's original post HERE.


Hobie is recovering well and making progress daily..sometimes hourly. He went from being unable to stand on his own, to scaling walls and managing to get on the third level of my entertainment center (I'm not joking). Hobie is very grateful for everything he has now, and is such a joy to have around. It's been a real pleasure watching his transformation (with the exception of him having a thing for biting my toes when I walk).

He's still on a diet of A/D Critical Care food, CliniCare Liquid, and mixes of dry dog food and even some human food (per his vet, not my idea). He can smell pizza from 20 miles away. I bet you could put a steak down next to pizza and he'd take pizza. We have to eat it outside because he will climb us to steal it. I have no idea what is up with this dog and pizza, but it's pretty bizarre. Note to potential adopters: Hide your pizza! :)


Ever see a formerly emaciated dog in a food coma? Well, now you have. 
He's probably dreaming about pizza!
Playing with toys now
....even though they weigh more than he does
Playing with his stuffed doggy
 Filling out!
 Progress
Putting on some weight
 This is my friend and dog-sitter, rescue-assistant, Adam. 
 Best buddies

 I am so obsessed with his pouty lip. It's the cutest thing ever, isn't it???
 Could you say no to this face? I think not!!!


Will post a new update with actual weight gain after his vet appointment (follow-up on Thursday)

No comments:

Post a Comment