Friday, March 23, 2012

Binky

Binky


HERE is Binky's original thread. 

Binky is a sweet and quiet little boy. My vet estimated him to be 7-10 months of age. 

I rescued Binky the same day I rescued Florence (who I will be posting soon, too). Since I rescued her after signing a Medical Waiver, she came home that day. Stephanie Nisan picked Binks up the following day and brought him to me. I think that was on the 6th or 7th. Things have been bananas, and I haven't been sleeping much. Between the dogs and my my plan to save the (dog) world, I'm excited if I remember to eat most days. 

I've been slacking on blogs, so for now things will be short and have pictures. Rest assured, I'm busy with dogs so I have a great excuse for not posting their blogs. :)













I'm so sorry to add such a graphic picture, but I want this to be seen. Binky was neutered at Loma Linda. The picture doesn't even do the damage justice, or show how unnecessarily large his incision was. But the rest is very telling. The skin all around the area was bright red, and had two scratches on it. This was not a gentle surgery, it was rough and sloppy. His incision was too large and his FOUR sutures were too deep, pinching the skin between them so tight that his penis swelled up. His scrotum -- well, I don't need to explain what you see.

Murphy was neutered at my vet and had 1/2" incision which was glued, no sutures. He had not even a tiny bruise or red spot. I cannot wait until we can pull as a rescue and use our vets always, because this is awful. Binky ended up sick after this, and had a terrible URI that exceeded classic KC symptoms. He could barely breathe. After trial and error and going to the strongest abx and pain medicine every 3 hours, he recovered.
 This is during the time he was sick. :( My poor sweet "Stinky Binky" was always lethargic. I hate when my babies are sick. It's the most helpless feeling ever.
 He had a bite puncture wound on top of his head from a rude kennel-mate at Devore, and also got bit on his foot. I was able to put antibiotic ointment on his head (by his ear) that he couldn't reach, but he kept licking his foot so I made a bootie real fast to cover it up.








I miss having my buddies here with me. He's been at his new place for a day now, gone since Tuesday (transport..and a nightmare). I'm not sure I'll ever transport again. It was my first time and probably my last. I'm half tempted to save up to bring them back, lol. I know they'll all be in wonderful homes. But the comfort of placing locally is something I'm not sure I can do without. I feel so sad without them here or knowing they're even close to me for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment